Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Inaugural Post

Well, I did it. I set up a blog. Are you surprised? I know. Me too. Who would have though, that me, little old me, would set up their own blog. Actually it was pretty easy. My computer didn't spit fire, or try to tell me I wasn't cool enough, even though I'm sure it would have liked to. I apologize for the ramblings in this first blog. It may take a little while for me to get the hang of this, heck it took me 45 minutes just to decide what background I wanted, and really I'm not sure if I even like the one I choose. It was just the least obnoxious of all the ones I tried and I do need to go home sometime tonight to eat dinner and feed my dogs. Oh yeah, my dogs. As I'm sure you can tell from my blog title I have at least one, but actually I have two of them. They couldn't be more different from each other. The first dog we got is a Basenji mix named Sarah, she was quickly followed by a chiweenie named Burt. I love both my dogs, and really most dogs in general, however anyone who knows me knows that there is quite the special bond between Burt and myself. There is no explaining it, and no way to describe it. In fact, unless you've had a connection with an animal like this before, it is a little hard to explain. Obviously he is the inspiration for this blog, and you can see him in my profile picture. Pretty cute, right? Anyhoo, I'm trying to get some practice with this blog thing so if you can stand to read anymore, you might learn some interesting stuff about libraries since that's the REAL reason I'm doing this blog. In addition to have an awesome chiweeni, I'm also a librarian. I don't consider myself a typical librarian and this is backed up by the fact that generally when I tell people what I do I get one of three reactions. 1) they laugh 2) they look at me confused 3) they laugh and then tell me I don't look like any librarian they have ever seen before. That's OK, I love what I do, and hope to share some of that newfangled technology stuff I'm learning about with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment