Monday, August 8, 2011

Method 11 - Podcasts

While I don't have much experience creating pod casts, I do have quite a bit of experience in using them. When I used to have an hour long commute (each way) on public transportation, having a subscription to pod casts got me though a lot of those long trips to and from work. What is easier than updating your ipod at night and then when you jump on the bus in the morning you have a whole group of new and interesting things to listen to. One of my favorites was *nerd alert* the podcast from the creators of Lost where they would discuss all aspects of the show. For a large library and maybe even for public libraries, pod casts could be helpful in lots of different ways. They can be used a tutorials, updates on current things going on, recordings of programs, book reviews al la NPR and many other things I'm sure I haven't even dreamed of yet. With a limited staff that has a focus on teaching, I don't think we have too many options for integrating pod casts into our library currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment