Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Method 7- Tag you're it!

Tagging, to be honest I was on vaguely familiar with it and it looked a little on the complicated side at first glance. After having watched the videos, read the articles and looked at the other libraries that have made use of it, I can see the value in them. We actually have a new catalog that allows users to tag items and we have been making use of that to create lists for our patrons. One such example was a list of fun summer reading suggestions and another list of fun summer movies that we have available to check out at the library. I think it will take some practice for me to start integrating this into what I do at the library, but I think if I keep seeing what others are doing and keep practicing it could become a very great tool for us to use. It is also handy to be able to access bookmarks from everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment